Monday, May 12, 2008

Time Well Spent

I haven't had any time to stamp lately, but that is okay. My mom has been visiting and has to leave tomorrow. :( We've done massive amounts of yard work. My yard will probably never look like this again. We are walking weird and hurt like crazy! We've had the usual schedule of keeping up with running the kids around. Saturday was one of those days. Two soccer games in different cities and then back home to go and watch the kids walk the red carpet for the prom. This is just the second year we've gone to watch, but what fun! The "arrival" is the big thing in our town. Everyone tries to out-do the other. The highlight this year was a true Flintstone mobile. It was great. It is so much fun to see all the kids dressed up. I always wish the girls were a little more "dressed", but that is just the modest freak in me coming out. No one else in the crowd ever seems shocked at the lack of fabric, which I always find surprising. Anyway, it made for a fun day.

On to stamping. This definitely isn't my favorite card ever. I was using up some of the extra Designer Paper from the Summer Days kit. I stamped the butterflies from Time Well Spent in StazOn Black and watercolored them with coordinating ink pads and an aquapainter. From the scan, it doesn't look so coordinating, but in person, it does match! A simple card, but nothing spectacular. I did use one of my favorite tools....the Tearing Edge. I have a brand new one sitting here if anyone has been wanting one. Someone ordered one accidentally and I haven't sent it back yet.

No comments: