Friday, May 16, 2008

Just Celebrate Cake


I love how this card turned out. Nothing like I had planned, but sometimes that is good! It didn't scan well because of the Ballet Blue card stock. Sometimes that color and Brilliant Blue look purple on scans, so I took a picture and then had to wait for K to get home from his job shadowing to help me unload the camera. I know I'm pathetic.

He was job shadowing the high school principal's wife at the hospital in surgeries. I think it is safe to say that won't be his career. I won't go into that any further. Anyway......

I've needed lots of birthday cards this year because I'm in charge of the staff birthdays at B's school. In July and August alone there are 18 birthdays! I need to get busy, so that is how this card came along. I wanted to use something from the On Board products again, so that is where the circle came from. I stamped it with the Canvas stamp and Pumpkin Pie Craft ink. I used Crystal Effects on the frosting of the cake. This cake comes from the versatile Just Celebrate set featured in the current Occasions Mini Catalog.

No comments: