Saturday, July 05, 2008

Boho Backgrounds / Purely Pomegranate

Boho Backgrounds is such a cute little set. It just has four pieces, but I've made some of my favorite cards with it. On this one, I did the baby wipe technique. If you haven't tried it before, you need to! Just put a baby wipe on a coated paper or styrofoam plate. Make sure it is a thick baby wipe. Those cheap thin ones won't work as well. It doesn't matter if it has animal designs on it or not. The ones I used tonight did happen to have animals on them. Now drop a few drops of re-inkers (for the Classic Ink Pads) on the wipe. I used Purely Pomegranate, Groovy Guava and Certainly Celery. I start with the most dominant color and then work down to the lightest color. You are basically making your own ink pad. Don't drop the different colors on top of one another, but put them fairly close together so they kind of bleed into one another on their own.
"Ink up" your stamp just as you normally would on the wipe. You do need to clean it if you are doing several of the same stamp, like what I have done here. If you don't, your image starts to look kind of muddy. I try to ink the stamp in approximately the same place, so the colors don't get too mixed up. The wipe will last a lot longer than you think. I've done lots of swap cards with one wipe. After a while, you may need to add some more ink, but it really lasts quite a while.
I used some of the Hodgepodge Hardware that is being discontinued. It is currently 25% off and available while supplies last only! The ribbon is from the Sherbet Ribbon Originals. This ribbon set will likely be on the retiring list when it comes out on July 21st because it contains three ribbons that are "In Colors."

2 comments:

Tanya said...

I love this set too, and both these card are great!

Anonymous said...

Come visit 100 Days to Christmas! I think you'll really enjoy it there!!

Jen
http://www.100DaystoChristmas.com