Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Another Busy Day

I think I could title just about every post in the same way! This morning Brandon and I made Peanut Butter Bars before he left for school in preparation for tonight's activity (more later).

Today it was our ward's turn to do the luncheon for the missionary's zone conference over in Westlake. I always enjoy getting to help out with that. One of the ladies in our ward always plans the meal and does all or the majority of the cooking. She does such a good job at it. I hope I never lose her! She had several of us make cookies for their dessert, but she made yummy beef stew and rolls, then had applesauce for them. The missionaries are always so appreciative. It is such a fun afternoon.

After that, I fought to stay awake driving home, took a quick nap and started getting ready for Richard to have the Young Men and Young Women (ages 12-18) from church over tonight for a BBQ and bonfire. I ran Brandon to soccer practice, ran home, got a few more things ready, ran back to get him, ran home, got everything else set up, just in time for everyone to arrive. We had a fun evening with around 25 people here. The rain stopped long enough for us to enjoy the entire activity. It was just great! We can't believe our big huge pile of branches would even light with all of the rain we've been getting, but it went up just fine. It was kind of a cool evening, so the fire felt awesome. Yes - I should've taken some pictures, but of course they'd still be sitting in the camera!

We've had lots of changes in our ward presidencies lately and even our bishopric a couple of weeks ago. It is exciting to have so many new things going on at once. I've served as the Relief Society President (for the women in our ward) for a little over 2 1/2 years now. I'm so excited about my new counselors and my secretary who has stayed on. They have been just wonderful and I'm so grateful for them.

1 comment:

Jodi Reeve said...

I'm glad we get to work together too!