Friday, June 20, 2008

Wonderful You

I made this card when this stamp set, Wonderful You, was on special. I demonstrated it at a workshop and the crowd went wild for these colors! As all of you stampers know, everything always looks better in person. The Perfectly Pomegranate flower looks a little scary on the scan, but it does match the paper very nicely, I promise! The Designer Paper I used is Bali Breeze. I've had a hard time coming up with something to do with the large design on back of this pumpkin color, but folding up the corner works well.
With cards like this one, where I can use it for a variety of occasions, I like to leave the greeting off until I know what I'd like to use it for. I file it away in my Forget Me Not Keeper (page 193 of the catalog) under "Generic" cards until I need it, and add a greeting at that time. At the workshop, I stamped the greeting diagonally, on the Pomegranate paper, right next to the Designer Paper.

No comments: