Saturday, September 07, 2013

These are a couple more butterfly cards that I made for my friend.  Both of them use the Merci set.  If I remember right, it was a free set during Sale-A-Bration several years ago.  I watercolored both of them using reinkers and blender pens.  The greeting on the first card is from the Fundamental Phrases set.  The paper is Pixie Pink and So Saffron, with the Kaleidoscope Designer Series Paper.  I keep "saving" that paper, because it is just so cool.  WHY???  It makes such great cards and does me no good sitting in my incredibly large stash, haha!  Looks much better on a card!  I also used a scrap of the bright pink handmade paper.  To tear it easily, just wet it with a blender pen and rip it.

As I was making this set of 12 cards, I was using up some things from past classes.  The part that is watercolored was already finished and even had the ribbon around it and a rhinestone ready to go.  It also had glue on the back.  It must have fallen off a card at some point and I just stuck it in the stamp box.  Anyway, this card obviously came together very fast!

Today I got to go to an Open House hosted by the demonstrator I've been going to.  She and the group she belongs to put it on...maybe about 10 ladies?  Anyway, it was so fun.  They had a big sale of all their old stamps, demonstrations and make & takes.  Sort of made me miss the old days of demonstrating, but not too much.  ;)   I bought a few stamps and some accessories.  Fun new stuff to play with!

No comments: