Sunday, February 01, 2009

Love You Much

This is one of the cards we made at Friday's class. It uses the Love You Much set that was on sale last month. I saw this cute way to use the scallop punch and ribbon on our demonstrator site and knew everyone would love it. (They did!)

We embossed the Love stamp by stamping first in the Versamark ink and then directly in the Riding Hood Red ink, stamped it on the paper, and then quickly poured clear embossing powder and heated it. Using the Versamark in this way makes every color of Classic ink pad into an embossing pad. Very cool! Many hadn't seen this technique before, although I feel like I've shown it a zillion times. :)

It was a great class, and I'll be showing the other things we made in the next few days.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I LOVE(of course)this card! I've seen that punch used in a similar way, only it was punched on all four sides (I like just two sides better). I keep thinking I need to give it a try. It's such a neat look with the ribbon threaded through.

Tanya said...

Oh this is a great card! I'm hoping my family and I all get over this fun sickness so I can keep my workshop Friday!!! :(