Sunday, January 08, 2012

Small Calendar

I like to cover a small calendar to keep in my church bag, because if I don't write down dates and times, I forget everything!  I found this calendar at the drugstore for only 50 cents a couple of days ago, and it is a two year one!  Usually the inside pages are just plain, but these are very nice (although the paper is pretty cheap...I don't really care about that).

I buy the ones with the plastic covers on them, so I can cover the calendars with cute background paper and decorate them up just a little so they are more my style.  Then I just slide everything back into the plastic cover.

Cut the background paper just a little longer than the calendar...as far as the length goes where it is being folded.  Does that make sense?  It needs a little extra paper when you actually fold it to get all the way around the calendar.  You might want to try it out first with a scrap piece of paper before you cut into the good stuff, then you can just take measurements off your scrap.


Decorate it up the way you want and you're done!  For the teal background, I crumpled up a piece of card stock a bunch of times until it looked and felt the way I wanted it to.  I also embossed the bird by using a Craft ink pad in a teal color, then used clear embossing powder and heated it with a heat tool.  Before that, I ran my vanilla card stock through the printer to get the "2012-2013" on the paper, then used the Stamp-a-ma-jig to place the bird in the perfect spot.


2 comments:

Karen said...

Very cute! Great idea :)

Tanya said...

This is really cute! And how smart to have a calendar that just *stays with the church bag! :)