Sunday, June 07, 2009

A Fascinating Gadget...

I've owned the Movers & Shapers Curly Label Die (for the Big Shot) for months, but haven't opened it. Quite frankly, the thing scared me a little! I knew I wanted to use it for my Grand Finale class so I decided I better start playing with it. FUN! This is my first attempt with it.

Here is the inside. I used the coordinating Cute & Curly stamp set and Punch to go with it.

This is what the die looks like. The purple part is a very strong magnet. You can move it around anywhere and it will stick while you run it through the Big Shot. The instructions say to cut through only one layer on this die, but I did layer the Walk in the Park Designer Paper on the card first and then run it through. It worked fine. Next time, I would put the card face down on the die instead of face up. The stitching around the cut out looks a little nicer on the inside than it does on the outside.

This die will actually cut out your card and score it too. I find the scoring nice, but the cutting kind of annoying. I already had my card cut, and it trimmed it a little more. Not a big deal at all, but I just think it is weird that it does that. If you have the Big Shot, or are thinking of getting it, I would recommend this die. It is a really neat one!

As demonstrators, we were able to pre-order several things that will be available in the new catalog beginning July 1st. One of the items was more shapes for this die. There is a star, heart, a scallop oval and another new type of punch. The name of them is Punch Shapes, so they all coordinate with our current punches. Mine are on their way!

1 comment:

Karen said...

WAY fun! What a cool look!