Tuesday, April 07, 2009

God's Beauty Card

I made this card for a swap. Sometimes when I'm doing a swap, I try to get rid of paper or accessories that I know I won't be able to utilize in a class. This paper is some that I had been avoiding. I like it, but knew it wouldn't work for a class. It is from the Urban Garden Designer Series Paper. All of the Designer Series Paper comes in 12x12 sheets. This particular piece has the flowers on one end and the stems go all the way to the other end. I had opened the end of the paper packet with the stems, so I didn't realize it had the cute flowers on the other end of it. I was going to just "make do" with these odd stripes, but then saw the cute flowers and figured I could make something fun with my new butterfly from the God's Beauty set (see set below). It is a Level 1 Hostess Set in the Spring/Summer Catalog, if anyone is interested in trying to earn it.

For this card I stamped the butterfly in Black StazOn ink on card stock vellum and colored on back with an AquaPainter and Baja Breeze refill ink (since we don't have a coordinating marker). I attached the butterfly with the cute Rhinestone Brad. Super easy!

3 comments:

Allie said...

Way cute card! I LOVE that paper!

Tanya said...

This is so pretty! I LOVE that butterfly! It looks fabulous in so many colors! didn't think about using vellum tho...! :)

Karen said...

Gorgeous! I love that paper too! I have some but haven't used it yet. I really like this idea.